THINGS THAT I OBSERVED AND LEARNED FROM PODCAST MOVEMENT
Podcast Movement took place last week, August 23-25 in Anaheim, CA.
1. I love podcasters original creative innovators and inventors.
2. There were a lot of folks there that want to start a podcast.
3. The radio attendance furthered my belief that radio still does not get it. They are still trying to assert authority and knowledge that they simply do not have.
4. The base emotion of the podcaster is love and passion about the medium.
5. There is barely any emphasis on talent coaching and talent development. That was astounding.
6. The vendors were excellent.
7. This is the beginning of a cottage industry that is ready to become a billion dollar business art form.
8. The weapon is creative storytelling.
9. The Top Talent agencies are doing development deals with podcasters and producers like myself. I am in talks now with two big agencies in L.A.
10. The big boys and celebrities are coming into the space. They will up the game for all Podcasters.
11. Podcasting is now the “in” thing in all media.
12. My company’s future in this business is unlimited.
13. This podcast environment is tailor made for phonies and frauds. Be careful. Make sure to deal with authorities and experienced innovators.
14. I love the folks who put on this event. They have the right spirit.